Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Its gettin' hot in here...

What a day... a good friend of mines (Edson) came over to weld my brackets for the Monster seat conversion. I have to say... he made it look easy. I really need to get one of them Lincoln WeldPak Welders. It's small and packs a punch! Basically, welding is a controlled electrical zap that melts down a wire with flux in the middle... hence creating a strong bond between to like metals.


After I showed and explained to him what I was trying to do, he went right at it. He asked me if I wanted to try, but I really didn't want to screw things up. So he did all the work. Next time I'll have a go at it. I still have to make the seat tray for the battery and the mess of wires.
Edson... doing his magic.

Its like the 4th of July...

Boy that's hot! Really it is HOT!

da man... Edson

I must say even though I didn't do anything, it was still a great learning experience. I'm ready to try and do it on my own. The finished product! More work is needed. So stay tuned in...


Welding 101... Class dismissed!


No comments:

Post a Comment