Sunday, November 18, 2012

Out in the sun...

Such a beautiful day... I had to roll her out under the sun and take better pictures!





I also decided to fabricate a bracket to hold my Mikuni fuel pump. I made a really simple design... 6 screws, 4 bolts, spacer with an attached washer and a bar of aluminium.  

 This is the spacer with an attached washer. It was a part for my stock rear seat. But since I'm doing a Monster seat conversion, I won't be needing it for the seat.

All the piece, except two screws... I was so excited I didn't even line the holes up right. You can't really tell when its all mounted up.

The rough fitting of all the parts with fuel pump.

All painted and mounted! All I need is the fuel lines. 

I'm glad I was able to get something done on the bike today. Tomorrow I'll be working on the exhaust and master rear brake. Have a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. looks good.....i may sound stupid, but why adding a fuel pump, and does the stock tank fit ok wiht it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert... I opt to use a vacuum pump because after I do the Monster seat conversion, there will be very limited space under the seat area. Also, less wires to fiddle with since the stocker is electric. As for the stock tank, there is still lots of clearance above the pump.

    ReplyDelete