Friday, November 9, 2012

Conversion to save money...

A real quick post.

Back when I lived in Hawaii, A good friend of mine sold me his 1994 CBR600 F2 race bike for a cool $600. It never saw the road just the track. Everything geared for racing. I rode it on the race track and had some fun. A couple years later, I moved to California and it ended up sitting in my garage collecting dust. It wasn't street legal and too much work to get it there. So slowly, I ended up selling parts off the bike to fund another project which was my BMW 740iL. Unfortunately, short after everything was upgraded, it got totalled. (That's another long story)

Today, I still have parts of the bike I didn't sell and one part that I still have is a rear Fox Shock Twin-Clicker. It is a bit small for my bike, so I need to get some minor adjustments which I'm not qualified to do. I ask the guys on the HawkGT Forum if they can recommend a company to do the conversion. I got several responses I didn't want to hear, except for one. A member sent me a private message to see if I wanted to trade for his CBR900 Fox Shock. It was the perfect size to do the conversion. I know because many other guys on the forum had already done it with this model shock and you better believe I didn't hesitate to say, "YES".

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the exact shock because it went straight to his shock guy (whoever that may be), but it looks identical to the one I have. Only difference is this one is 12mm shorter than the other. It may not seem much, but its enough to throw the suspension off a bit.





It's going to take a couple of weeks for it to be completed... In the meantime, I'll just have to work on something else. Maybe paint the stator and clutch cover. Which reminds me... I have to order more parts for JD. The master Hawk mechanic on the forum. Also owns Hord Power out in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment