Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting my grind on...

Ah... its that time... time to prep the subframe aka "subbie". I thought long and hard about doing this modification. I was torn from keeping my subbie stock or grinding it up for the monster seat mod. It didn't take me long to say... "I'm going to do it! and if I mess things up, I'll by another one off ebay." I just love the look of the monster seat. It really updates the look of the Hawkster. A few HawkGTforum.com members Hawk's that influenced me in making my decision.









Don't the look sweet! Well, I think they do. It really didn't take me long to grind down all the unnecessary tabs and brackets. Just a ton of hot little sparks from all the grinding. The finished look of the stock subbie all grinded down.


Now I just have to find some material to complete the subbie for the new seat. 


2 comments:

  1. I do like the monster tail section - the seat "kinda works" with it...i'm in a like/don't like mood with the seat - it'd be a toss up for me either the fabian tail or the monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way at first... but figured this would be the cheaper route of the two. Hawk parts are getting very rare. A rear cowl can cost you some good $$$$. I also needed a brake light too. The monster conversion will take some time, but I figure I'll be spending about $150 after I'm finished. All labor done by me.

      Delete