Thursday, May 31, 2012

A touch of darkness...

School got the best of me once again... Usually Coleman University does not have a spring break. But lucky me, every four years they have all the student take a week break during the spring so they can reset their academic calendar. Otherwise, session during December will run into Christmas and New Years... I don't think many of the students will be happy if that occurred.

So from May 17th thru the 24th I was able to work on the Hawkster... along with my beautiful assistant (who is also my girlfriend) who has given me support on my bird project. 

Its all about getting ghetto! 

Since, I'm a full-time college student, staying within my budget is a definite priority. I would have loved to powder coat all the parts, but for me to stay on budget, I did the ultimate ghetto style painting. My karate kid technique helped me transform this blinged out frame (which I got tired of polishing over and over again) to a cool ass Vader looking beauty... welcome to the darkside!





My beautiful girlfriend and assistant Dina helping me wipe down the frame prior to paint.






Bye-bye to the Bling!



I used Rust-Oleum Engine Enamel... 
Low Gloss Black
2 Spray cans for  $12 @ Autozone

The Dupli-Color will be for the engine. 
Its is Semi-Gloss Black. $6 @ Pepboys Auto Parts









 

 There's NO turning back now... nice and steady strokes. First coat, just a light mist of paint... 10 minutes later, Second coat... get it all covered... 30 minutes later... Last and final coat... Give it that wet look, just be careful not to make the paint run.



After 3 coats of paint... "I'm so diggin' the black frame!"

 The swingarm and other nit-bits got the same treatment...

 All painted and sitting in my family room... 
Best place to put them for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment